Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chocks Away



Dear All,

Welcome to 'Ask Evie'. I'm so excited - it's less than a month until our book
'The Beauty Chorus' is published by the lovely people at Corvus, Atlantic. We girls have been saving our coupons for new frocks, and Beau has a bottle of champagne chilling. If you'd like a sneak peek ahead of April 1st, good old Waterstones has a downloadable preview of the first chapter here.

Over the coming months, I shall be bringing you news of 'The Beauty Chorus' - reviews, photos, interviews and videos. There will be links to ATA sites, and interesting WW2 info.
I do look forward to getting to know you all, and if you have any questions, ask away. If it's planes, horses or looking good on a wartime budget, I'm your girl. For advice on affairs of the heart, Stella is the best one to talk to (let's face it, she's had far more experience than me ...). We're going to dig out some of Meggie's gardening tips, and if you dare I'll give you a few of my wartime recipes.

Anyway, must dash. I have a chit - Spitfire to Tangmere. More soon.

Yours ever,

Evie x

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I can't wait!
    I am interested in a fake stocking/tan recipe, if you have one... and how do I keep the stocking lines straight?
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ordered the book a few minutes ago! I am working with Francesca Tronetti on women's living history projects, including the ATA(the 19th Century part of the project was on women in telegraphy) and Kate's books sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Ask Evie ...